Thursday, June 24, 2010

Human Reference, Etc.

Here's another intermediate, "What I'm Working On But Isn't Ready To Show" post.

First, I'm busily working on the first vlog.  It takes time to edit a video correctly, to make it just right!  Plus, while I know what I want to say in the video, I'm figuring out the order, and making sure that the video and music work together for best impact.  I hope to have it done very soon!

Second, I just asked a great stock artist on deviantArt if she'll post some pictures of herself standing in the anatomical position. I think she has the right body type for Boyd.  So, using a real human reference in addition to Josh's drawings will help enhance the character.  She's done tons of great poses for artists, but I can't recall seeing any in anatomical position.  Her other watchers will probably appreciate them, too.

And, I think that's it.  Oh, I have started writing a Bodacious Creed graphic novel.  It feels like a natural thing to do while working on this project.  In many ways, writing a graphic novel is easier than writing a novel.  The tricky part will be going back to the script when it's done, and breaking it up into frames.

I have indeed written novels.  Now that I'm focused on being a 3D modeler, I didn't know if my writing would be useful.  True, I can write an "A" paper for school in two drafts.  It also helps with creativity.  The ability to generate, organize, and fuse creative ideas is just as helpful in the visual arts.  It's good to know that being a writer for so long wasn't a complete waste of time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment