Sunday, June 6, 2010

Coconino Plateau

Readers, you know what?  I told you you would get the entire process of my thesis creation, and that includes side roads and mistakes!  I've been thinking a lot about the name "Picacho" for the coyote.  I don't want people to think about Pokimon when they hear about this.  Sadly, though it's the name of a majestic place in Arizona, where this thesis takes place, it sounds too much like "Pikachu."

Argh.  Back to the drawing board, or in this case, the Google search.

There's a place called Coconino in Arizona, and a Coconino Plateu.

Coco is another word for chocolate.  I love chocolate.  Yes, there have been people and characters named that, but it's not such a specific name as "Pikachu."  It sounds like a pet's name.  It sounds like something Anna Lynn Boyd, who named her seven foot tall robot, Scrumptious, would name a pet.

So, the coyote is named "Coconino," and called "Coco" for short.

I don't think I'll change my mind this time.  But if I do, I'll post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment