Saturday, July 2, 2011


I've been getting a lot done, and I've been meaning to create another vlog to show that work. I've just been too busy to get one finished! I've started several times, but I realize it's taking too long and too many takes, so I get back to the rest of my work. It's just easier to knock out a blog than a vlog.

So for now, here are some notes on what I've accomplished on Creed in the last couple of days.

1. Created the wounds mesh, and the wound areas on the body mesh now fold into these. Basically, it gives a more realistic look and has a lot more possibility for detailing. This involved copying the body model and deleting everything that wasn't wounds. I also turned off the wounds layer on the main mesh, deleted it, then re-created it so that I could carve the wounds in again.
2. I also redid the UVs on the wound mesh, for best texturing.
3. I created a new wound stitching brush for areas where Anna would have sewn Creed's skin together. Here's what that looks like, without the texture.  Click on it to really see the details.

At the moment, I'm going to see what I can do about the hole in Creed's cheek.  I've sent the body mesh over to Maya with GoZ.  So, I'm going to get back to that now.

I'll try to get a vlog out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment