Friday, July 8, 2011

Checked Items

Focusing on one model at a time, and having a list of what to do on that model, seems to be speeding up my work.  It's certainly nice to have that focus!

Here are checked off items since my last post.

1. Gums & Tongue
     a. Separate tongue from gums.
     b. Sculpt gums to fit teeth.
     c. Texture tongue and gums.


3. Wound layer
     b. Sculpt muscles.


4. Hat
     a. Stitching.
     b. Model & texture hat strap.


(Actually, after doing the stitching, the hat looked just right.  It doesn't need a strap, and having a strap would, I think, really not add anything.)


7. Retexture neck muscles so they match the rest of the muscles.


8. Mechanical parts.
     c.  Reduce poly-count.


(I'm actually working on that part now.  The "c" was not listed in the original to do list, but I talked with Ann, and she pointed out that they were really too geometry-heavy.  Reducing the poly count while still having them look right is tricky, but I'm happy to say it's coming along well.)


So, that's where I am so far.  Lots more to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment