Friday, July 29, 2011

Stick a Bolt in Creed, He's Done!

I finished the model of the my main character, Bodacous Creed!  Woohoo!

Now, I'm on to Anna!  I've already created lacing for the top of her blouse, textured her goggles, and started working on her inner mouth.  I've re-purposed the gums and tongue from Creed, and reshaped them for Anna's mouth.  I'll be giving them a new texture though based on the photographs of the "actress" used for Anna.  And, I'm going to model her teeth from scratch.  The "actor" for Creed has some quite unique teeth, so I don't want to reshape those.  But, I'm happy with the topology of the tongue and gums, and there's no need to model those again.

I'm not done done with Creed, of course.  I'll be posing him, re-sculpting parts that need it after posing, and refining the texture shaders for him in Maya.  Some of the textures also need very minor tweaking that I can get to any time.

One problem I'm having is that, even when I crank the memory available to Maya for rendering to the point where I can't run anything else on my system, if I try to render all of Creed's parts at once, the render stops at anywhere from 20% to 50% in.  I think the problem is that I have displacement maps on everything, and many of the items will look just as good with bump maps.

However, I do have images of various parts of the model, so I'm going to share those here.












No comments:

Post a Comment