Saturday, September 6, 2014

What Is This Hullabaloo?

I'm a big fan of steampunk and of crowd funding. Big shocker, I know. Though I'm a 3D modeler, I also love hand-drawn animation. I have to share this project I recently found that taps into all three.

Hullabaloo is an animated steampunk adventure film staring female protagonists Veronica Darling and Jules who use their wits, courage, and science during their journey. I don't want to go on too much about it here, because you need to get to its Indigogo page go check it out.

Here are a few more details, though. Hullabaloo is the personal project veteran Disney animator James Lopez, who has worked on films like The Lion King with Disney. His vision is to create a fantastical steampunk adventure and to promote interest in traditional 2D animation.

The project has already gained its funding, so at this point, it's a matter of helping Lopez take the film farther, and to get some great backer rewards. With just $5, you'll get an advanced online screening of the film. The $125 reward includes a pair of steampunk sunglasses. At $5,000, you'll get producer credit on the film. Rewards are cumulative; at each tier, you get all the rewards from the lower tiers.

I'm excited about seeing the film when it's finished, and I think you will be, too!


P.S. Subscribe to my email newsletter for weekly updates about this blog and my upcoming novel, Bodacious Creed. You'll find the form at the bottom of the Bodacious Creed website.

No comments:

Post a Comment