Thursday, September 4, 2014

Sexy Steampunk Dress, Gloves, and Bodice

How's this for an outfit?

You can get it for $199 at the Brute Force Studios shop on Etc.

They have a lot of fantastic steampunk creations, like a functional steampunk keyboard arm band using Bluetooth technology, made to order. I'd be tempted to get one myself, but $1,200 is out of my price range.


I often wonder about all the non-functional gears in steampunk styles. Would people in a steampunk world wear decorative gears and gear-patterned leather and cloth? It looks cool, so yeah, they just might. In my own art I try to restrict the gears and such to functional machines, but I don't think in terms of style so much.

Anyway, I love this outfit. I'd love to see people out and about in the every day, mundane world sporting steampunk fashion. Oh, the lady here also looks a lot like Anna Boyd from Bodacious Creed. Love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment