Thursday, August 18, 2011

Coconino To Do List

Having to do lists for Bodacious Creed and Anna Lynn Boyd was a tremendous help last semester. It kept me organized and made it so much easier to get those models finished and ready for posing.

So, now that I'm trying to finish Coconino before next semester starts, I think another to do list is in order.

So far, I have done a fair amount of low level sculpting on the coyote, using all the references I can find. I've downloaded a lot of pictures of wet coyotes, because the matted down hair gives me a good idea of the underlying form. I'm also using general dog anatomy pictures.

Over the last couple of days, I've gotten the body fairly well shaped, but left the paws alone. The result is that they look very cartoony. So, I'm working on them today. After that, here's what I can think of that needs to be done next:

1. Get details to a higher level. Though Coconino will be covered in fur, it's still a good idea to have the body looking good.
2. Texture the body.
3. Create claw models.
4. Model the mechanical parts.
5. Create the eyes.
6. Texture everything.

That's all I can think of now. I'm leaving the fur for later, and I'm not sure I'll get to that by the end of summer, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment