Friday, March 26, 2010

Concept Images

I just read the thesis requirements for 3D Modeling MFA candidates today. Wow! I knew some of it, but not all, though now I can see what Vince DeQuattro was helping me aim toward in my own project.

One of the requirements is to have detailed, turntable style drawings of the models I'm going to do. By turntable style, I mean from the front, back, left, and right. I won't lie: I'm a little nervous about this! While I can draw, I'm not nearly as good as I'd like to be. I want my final concept drawings to be higher quality than I feel comfortable with, as of now.

One option--specifically mentioned in the guidelines--is to find another student, better at drawing than I am, to do the drawings based on my descriptions. I'm not sure how easy it would be to find someone to do that. But yeah, as a modeler, what's most important is to show that I can model these. I have no doubt I can.

Before I explore the collaboration option though, I'm going to see how much I can improve my drawing over the next few weeks.

Witness my nervous grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment