Friday, November 7, 2014

November 7, 2014 Update

Here we go with a general update about my various projects!

First, I have a feeling a lot of you are wondering what's happening with Bodacious Creed. Currently, I'm outlining the next few chapters before I write them. I have the general outline, but whenever I get into the details, I realize there were things I didn't consider. This has been true for all my books, but Bodacious Creed has so many characters that there is a lot to think about.

When I started getting into the nitty-gritty of the current chapter, I realized that certain important characters would need to get involved, which led me to figure out that the plot needs to go in a slightly different direction.

Somehow, quest stories, where the characters are traveling the entire story, are easier. They leave other characters behind and go to the next setting. In a story where everything happens in one town, the motivations of a lot of characters need to be considered every scene.

Hopefully I'll be able to add a few thousand words to the word count soon.

In other steampunk related news, I was finally able to put an actual iPhone 6 into one of the cases I designed! Thanks, Costco, for having an iPhone I could do that with. Here's how it looks:


That case is available in my Shapeways store, Bodacious 3D.

I've also been working on a new demo reel for a particular job application, and looking for a full time job. It'll take awhile to finish the reel. Once I do have a job though, I'll be able to prioritize my art and writing better, and hope to get a lot more done on the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment