Darn it, it's frustrating when something like this happens!
I finished Chapter 2 with an exciting development, which got me to 13,600 words for NaNoWriMo. Then, over the next couple of days, I realized three things about it.
1. It was anticlimactic.
2. It was not quite the direction I wanted to take the story in, and might detract from the really big things coming up.
3. It didn't make sense for the person who did it to have done it.
I fixed it a bit yesterday, then a lot today. The problem is, it cut down my word count!
For NaNoWriMo, sure, it's important that I write as much as I can. But the story still needs to proceed correctly, or I'll end up back tracking. I've done this a lot in the past, and it seems it's still a bit of an issue with me, even though I'm outlining beforehand. However, I've gone back thousands of words before, so about 600 or so isn't bad! I also saved the scene, in case it's something that can happen later.
Better get back to the writing now. If you've read any of this blog, though, you know me. There are certain things I just have to document!