Sunday, October 20, 2013

2/3 Done Plotting

Howdy Everyone!
I'm more or less posting in here exactly what I just wrote in my latest backer update, over on the Bodacious Creed Kickstarter page.  That portion is in bold.  I'll share a bit more after.
Yesterday, my glasses broke.  One of the arms just fell off, the mechanism that allows it to connect to the front snapped.
I took them in to the optical department at Costco, where the young woman working there replaced them with a pair of arms that were a perfect fit, and happened to be by Ray Bay.  Free upgrade!


My Glasses, Upgraded 
My Glasses, Upgraded
What does this have to do with Bodacious Creed?  Well, it's pretty tough to conecentrate if my glasses are tilting and falling off because they're supported by only one arm.
It just so happens that my son and I bought some lunch while we were there.  I had brought a notebook today, so I wrote a list of things I need to do.  One of them was to finish plotting Bodacious Creed by the beginning of NaNoWriMo on November 1.
I got quite a bit closer while there!  I wrote out the basics for Part 2!  I'll be typing it up into Scrivener soon.  Then, I'll jot down what needs to take place in Part 3 (Act 3?), and write out the rest of the plot.  After that, it'll be time to fill in details and map everything out in Aeon Timeline.
This is so exciting.  The various characters I've thrown together are acting out quite a story in my head!  Everything is fitting together really well.  The backer created and named characters are, as I promised they would be, absolutely integral to the story, and Creed is proving to be the star I wanted him to be.
I believe this is, by far, the best story I've ever plotted.
Jonathan
My friend, Elle Clouse, talks about Scrivener and plotting her latest NaNoWriMo novel outline in her latest blog.  It's definitely worth a read!  She mentions me there as well.
I guess that's all for now, but there will certainly be more news soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment