Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Between Showings

Hey all you steampunk-western-horrorphiles.  This entry is about things I've started working on for Bodacious Creed since the last entry, and things I plan to get done soon.

First, I had a great meeting with Chad Josewski, my directed study instructor this semester, and he helped me work some of this out.  He also told me how to change the background from that black-to-gray gradient that zBrush usually has, to a solid midtone gray.  You'll notice that in my last vlog, I used a white fog, which showed off some of the texture work better than the standard background, but sadly gave a hazy look to them as well.  The flat gray looks much better, and I'll be using that in turntables from now on.

What I've done so far since the last video:

1. Evened out the base clothing textures.
2. Added the wood grain texture to the guns.
3. Put the Steampunk rose-in-circle-of-thorns symbol on Creed's gun.  And I JUST realized that hearkens to another risen from the dead chap.  That's cool.
4. Created the masseter and risorius muscles on the right side of Creed's face, and sculpted muscles and area a bit.
5. Went back to the concept drawings of Anna and changed the skirt from a single piece to three layered pieces.  It fits more into the time period that way.

Some things I plan to do:
1. Create a hair prop for Anna, and possibly one for Creed.  These will not be how I do the final hair.  For that, I will use Shave & A Haircut.  But that will get the shapes down.  It will allow me to see how the hair will look, and help me to shape the actual hair when I get to that point.
2. Add more detail to the clothes, including seams, buttons, and so on.
3. Texture Creed's muscle and exposed areas.  (Chad is also going to get me an écorché done in Maya to use as an anatomy reference, both for shapes and texturing.)

There's lots more to do of course, but those are the parts I'm going to focus on first.  And soon, I'll get another vlog together to show my work!

No comments:

Post a Comment